I have always looked for ways to score lift ticket deals whether it be memberships to ski clubs or discounts online at sites like Liftopia. Here in New England, there are a lot of ski mountains to chose from and many are very expensive. Stowe for instance, breaks the bank at $124 for a one-day lift ticket. The high prices of Stowe had also turned me off from skiing the mountain. However, a friend had a condo at the base of the mountain and I was eager to give Stowe a try (you can read all about my day skiing Stowe HERE ). Before forking over the $124 for a one-day lift ticket (ouch), I did a lot of research on discounted lift tickets. After some extensive internet searches and phone calls into various travel clubs or memberships, I discovered that a $54 one-time fee gets you membership to the Vermont Travel Club Card, a card that offers lift ticket discounts at various Vermont mountains, as well as discounts at restaurants and hotels.
The Vermont Travel Club Card also gets you discounts at 11 Vermont ski resorts such as Sugarbush, Smugglers Notch, Killington, Okemo, Mount Snow plus Sunday River Maine (and even Utah!). This card also gets you discounts at other Vermont mountains as well as discounts at hotels and restaurants. One fee of $54, lots of discounts. The Vermont Travel Club Card brings the $124 Adult One-Day Stowe lift tickets down to $70, paying for itself right off the bat.
Getting the card is simple. All it takes is a quick and easy signup form online and you will receive your card in the mail. Order it in advance of your trip and allow five to seven business days from the date of your order to receive your card(s). Cards are printed in Vermont and mailed to you by USPS. Luckily, Stowe is one of the places they can expedite your card and leave for you in town. If you need your card to ski Stowe, email Jack or Shawn (Contact info at the end) to have your card delivered to Northern Lights Lodge.
Single memberships are $54 for one card. However, the real deal is in the family card. If you do the 5 card family pass, membership is as low as $36 per card (
To use the card, simply bring it with you to the ticket window to purchase your lift ticket. Present the card (with valid photo ID) and bam! discount received. As easy as it is, some ski resorts have restrictions on where (and which windows) you can get your discount. I know Okemo for instance, you can only receive the discount at the Group Sales Center, located in the bus parking lot, seven days a week between the hours of 8 am and 12 pm. Before heading to the mountain, check the VTCC website to see if there are special instructions on purchasing your discounted lift tickets.
- STOWE: $71 for a one day adult lift ticket. and $45 for a 6-12 year old. (vs. $124 plus tax, 2016/17 window rate) - Save $53 based on a one day ticket purchased at the window. No blackout dates.
- SUGARBUSH: Save $42 off window ticket price Sunday-Friday, non holiday, based on 2016-2017 all mountain one day ticket price of $97
- JAY PEAK: you pay $53 per for one day adult lift ticket (save $29 based in 2016-2017 published ticket price of $82), for one day adult lift ticket. Vaild seven days a week no holiday restrictions.
- BOLTON VALLEY: $45 any day... no blackouts (Save $24 on adult weekend tickets).
- SMUGGLERS NOTCH: $15 off the window rate.
- KILLINGTON: $10 off weekends and $20 off midweek days, NO BLACKOUT DATES FOR 2016 !
- PICO: $20 off any day !
- Adult $67 Sunday Adult $57, Adult Midweek one day $50, Adult Holiday $76.
- SUNDAY RIVER: $10 off Day Lift Tickets
- BURKE MOUNTAIN: Burke Mountain all day lift ticket is only $44 valid for any age. Offer is valid seven days a week except from February 18-24,2017
- SALT LAKE CITY SUPER PASS: Save from $16 on 3-day, up to $33 on 7-day pass off the already discounted Super Pass. Valid at Brighton, Solitude, Alta, Snowbird.
P.O. Box 357
Waterbury Center, Vt. 05677
877.Ski Vermont (877.754.8376)
73 Nannacher Rd.
Waterbury, Vt. 05677
Cell 802 578 6000
IMAGE TO PIN